Membrane Physiology and Bioenergetics
Institute of Microbiology, Center of Nanobiology and Structural Biology, ASCR
The department of Membrane Physiology and Bioenergetics at the Center of Nanobiology and Structural Biology conducts research in the field of (cat-)ion transport and it’s energetics The group uses baker’s yeast (Saccharomyces cerevisiae) as a model organisms. One of the main aims is to understand the structure/function relationship of K+ translocation systems (Trk). Molecular biology, biochemical, physiological and biophysical methods are employed.
- Zayats, V., Stockner, T., Pandey, S.K., Wörz, K., Ettrich, R., Ludwig, J. (2015): A refined atomic scale model of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae K+-translocation protein Trk1p combined with experimental evidence confirms the role of selectivity filter glycines and other key residues. BBA Biomembranes 1846: 1183-1195.
- Ariño, J., Aydar, E., Drulhe, S., Ganser, D., Jorrín, J., Kahm, M., Krause, F., Petrezsélyová, S., Yenush, L., Zimmermannová, O., van Heusden, G.P., Kschischo, M., Ludwig, J., Palmer, C., Ramos, J., Sychrová, H. (2014): Systems biology of monovalent cation homeostasis in yeast: the translucent contribution. Adv Microb Physiol. 64: 1-63.
- Plášek, J., Gášková, D., Ludwig, J., Höfer, M. (2013): Early changes in membrane potential of Saccharomyces cerevisiae induced by varying extracellular K+, Na+ or H+ J. Bioenerg. Biomembr. 45: 561-568.
C4Sys Open Access Infrastructure:
- FLISE (Flux measurements of cells in suspension using ion selective electrodes) (Biophysical instrument and method)
- MIFE (Microelectrode flux estimation) (Biophysical instrument and method)
- pHink (Time resolved measurement of intracellular pH using the GFP variant pHluorin as sensor)(Biophysical method)
Protein Science Instruments
- Microplate readers including fluorescence and luminescence analysis
Molecular Biology Instruments
- all standard equipment
Cell Biology Instruments
- Bioinformatics Software
- Bioinformatics Databases
- Protein Science Instruments
- Biophysical Instruments / Methods
- Molecular Biology Instruments
- Cell Biology Instruments
- … add more categories as needed